Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Developer Update: 2-6-2012

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21577

I think you're on the right track. To add to my post above...

I have not received the email and have 0 submissions AND

My main alt is Country Squee with legacy submissions from the old Developer Program AND

I have claimed two mule alts that were not Developers.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Country_Squee. Reason: spelling
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21578

Orielle wrote:
DeleightThere wrote:
Orielle wrote:
Thumdar wrote:
DeleightThere wrote:
Samsyn, I just checked... my My Submissions section is still empty and haven't received an email yet

Deleight

Same for me. No email, nothing in my developers "My Submissions" and I did rejoin the dev program back on Jan 21, 2012.

Same for me, no emails, My Submissions page is empty BUT I did get Antaios to send me the url to relist, replaced PID for his item with PID for one of mine and VOILA! it worked. Luckily I kept the JinX data and still have the PIDs to all my submissions so I can relist this way until they appear in my submission page.

http://webapps.prod.there.com/items/addquantity?ProductId=

Thanks Orielle... this works for me as well

Not sure what will happen when they finally fix us but at least we can relist to keep resellers from overcharging. Can't believe someone wants 20k for an item I made...

Is the PID the same as the catalog image number? If so it's not working for me! :(

*edit
NM I figured out I can find it by looking at the about of an item while in world. Where is the PID stored in the jinx files?
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Kattwomann.

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21585

@ KattWomann. Do "About" on an item to see its Product ID.
  • _Informal
  • Esteemed Newcomer
  • There.com Clothing Designer
  • Thank you received: 32
Interested in free clothing on there.com? /profile _Informal for more info.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by _Informal.

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21588

Speaking of product Id's, I noticed something interesting the other day when viewing the about tag on one of my shirts. Here's the info:

Pc Time Flies When You're Having Rum (M)

Product ID: 1155678
Owned by: HoverboatPilot
Created by: HoverboatPilot

Black tshirt with a Jolly Roger knockin back a bottle of rum with text: Time Flies When You're Having Rum! Perfect for any Pirate!

The interesting part is that this shirt was created by PcMan (my original avi) which I claimed possesions of. Does that mean that I will be gaining PcMan's designs in my current avi? I looked at my developer page and have not seen anything migrate over. HoverboatPilot didn't submit anything prior to There closing, so I was wondering what will happen here. :D

Thanks!

HoverboatPilot

UPDATE: I noticed that my previous avatar's designs DID migrate over to my new avi. Thanks Samsyn!
  • PcMan
  • Cyberpunk
  • Thank you received: 25
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by PcMan. Reason: updated

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21591

I don't have any of my submissions back either. I did reclaim the possessions of an alt avatar though so I guess that's why.

I tried to do as Orielle suggested (I kept a list of my product id numbers) but it didn't work for me. :( Maybe I'm not using the right numbers. I'll look at "about item" later when I'm in world and try it again.
  • MeadowAngel
  • Conversationalist
  • Thank you received: 58

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21595

_Informal wrote:
@ KattWomann. Do "About" on an item to see its Product ID.

Right yeah I said I found that, however you have to have that specific item in your inventory to get it. I would really like to know where the PID's were stored in Jinx.

I think I'll send Sonny a message, he'll know for sure! :D

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21614

Just got my developer submissions email and my My Submissions page is populated.. '''yay!!!

Thank you so much Samsyn

:x: :x: :x:

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21615

OK, so NOW we have reached 'whimper' on the project, I think. (From the quote that ends "not with a bang, but a whimper")

Anyway, remember how I said it would not be able to migrate possessions from old avatar X to new avatar Y?

Well, we did a *little* better than that, though I still recommend recreating your important developer avatars (not just claimPossesion-ing them, I mean).

But if the skies are properly aligned, we also migrated the submissions from your claimPossession'd developer legacy avis. For example new There avatar "Truck" got submissions from several of his legacy developer avatars (all merged to 'Truck')

Again, this was something we couldn't 'guarantee' so it remains to be proven that these 'claimed' designs will work completely properly, though I suspect they will.

----

Anyway, I hope everyone got their emails this time around (Percy, you might have gotten a couple, you were the first done with the new code)

And Deleight, about my saying you had not yet rejoined the Developer Program: I must have mis-typed something since when I checked a minute later it looked fine. In any case, I saw your migration scroll by, so you should see your designs now.

We have also run the patches (just now), so you all SHOULD be able to try/sell/auction your designs now. (as well as see them in your "my submissions" list)
  • Samsyn
  • Take Away my Internet
  • Thank you received: 971
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riot_Girl_1, MeadowAngel, DeleightThere

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21618

Yes thank you Samsyn! And for the record, there is an avatar named Delight that I have been confused with for years... lol

Deleight

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21619

I received my email and all of my items back and also relisted without any problems at all.

Thank you for all the hard work you put in, samsyn :D :hug: :D
  • Riot_Girl_1
  • Cannot Stop Posting
  • Forum Fighter
  • Thank you received: 150

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21625

Just got my email, too!

'tu
  • Thumdar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • CREATE!!
  • Thank you received: 1129
Thumdar.com is a virtual world dedicated community.

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21628

Kattwomann wrote:
Orielle wrote:
DeleightThere wrote:
Orielle wrote:
Thumdar wrote:
DeleightThere wrote:
Samsyn, I just checked... my My Submissions section is still empty and haven't received an email yet

Deleight

Same for me. No email, nothing in my developers "My Submissions" and I did rejoin the dev program back on Jan 21, 2012.

Same for me, no emails, My Submissions page is empty BUT I did get Antaios to send me the url to relist, replaced PID for his item with PID for one of mine and VOILA! it worked. Luckily I kept the JinX data and still have the PIDs to all my submissions so I can relist this way until they appear in my submission page.

http://webapps.prod.there.com/items/addquantity?ProductId=

Thanks Orielle... this works for me as well

Not sure what will happen when they finally fix us but at least we can relist to keep resellers from overcharging. Can't believe someone wants 20k for an item I made...

Is the PID the same as the catalog image number? If so it's not working for me! :(

*edit
NM I figured out I can find it by looking at the about of an item while in world. Where is the PID stored in the jinx files?

I use a nice little tool by Tablatronix, bboy Designs JXStats, to view my JinX data. It is in the download section here. It's great to use to see what my best selling items are and such.

You can also open the JXCatalog.jxf with notepad and find the PID there as well as any additional info you added to your actions, old logo url.
  • Orielle
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 424
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Orielle.

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21632

:yay: All is well with the world! I got my email and submissions migrations. Thanks for figuring out the glitch for some of us. Next step is to think about re listing and doing some work on the Logo and Home URL.

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21634

Woohoo! I have all my stuff!

Who cares about the PID now? :P

Re: Developer Update: 2-6-2012 2 years 7 months ago #21636

Virtual_Vikki now has all her items. However never got the e-mail about them, and I did check the spam box. It may just be the provider filtering it out though.
  • Francis_7
  • Take Away my Internet
  • Thank you received: 250
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Virtual Life ~ Your Virtual Life Begins at VirtualLifeGrid.com

Site Search

Support Thumdar.com

Amount: